PRIVATE VISA (VISITS TO RELATIVES OR FRIENDS)
If you are going to visit Russia to stay with your relatives or friends first you should obtain an official invitation and only then apply for a private visa. We only accept original invitation documents issued by an appropriate Russian Federation Migration Service branch. To obtain such an invitation your relatives or friends are to present to the said branch a copy of your passport and personal data.
1. A passport valid for a minimum of six months after visa’s expiration date and with at least 2 blank pages and a copy of its front page;
2. A printed visa application form FILLED IN ONLINE;
3. One recent passport size (color, white background, 35mmx45mm)photo glued to the indicated space at the application form;
4. Original invitation issued by the Russian Foreign Ministry or its regional representatives or by an appropriate Russian Federation Migration Service branch;
5. In case of a visit to the Russian Federation for urgent medical reasons / urgent treatment, or to visit a seriously ill (deceased) relative, an applicant should present a certificate issued by a medical institution or a death certificate and a document proving the kindred between the applicant and the ill or deceased relative. Passport’s validity of the applicant should exceed the visa expiry date;
6. A copy of your HKID or Hong Kong Visa;
Duration of stay: up to 90 days.
Standard processing time of the application: 5 working days (6 for the U.S., U.K. and Australian citizens).